Autumn and Spring semesters of 2019-2020 academic year for Medical Faculty of Ltd European University
- January 1 and 2 –New Year holidays
- January 7 - Christmas Day, Birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- January 19 - Epiphany, Baptism of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- March 3 – Mother’s Day
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- April 9 - the day of adopting the Act of Restoring Independence of Georgia; the day of national unity, national consent, and commemoration of people who died for the national integrity of Georgia
- Easter holidays -– Good Friday, Good Saturday, Easter Sunday - Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ day, Easter Monday - All Souls’ Day (movable feast)
- May 9 - Victory Day over Fascism
- May 12 – Commemoration Day of St. Andrew the Apostle, Founder of the Apostolic Church of Georgia
- May 26 - Independence Day of Georgia
- August 28 – the Assumption of the Virgin Mary day (‘Mariamoba’)
- October 14 – ‘Mtskhetoba’ (Holiday of Svetitskhovloba, Robe of Jesus)
- November 23 - St. George’s Day
- Considering the peculiarities of the educational program of European University and/or individual program of a student, the annual study load of a student is permitted to be more or less than 60 credits. The annual study load of a student shall not exceed 75 (ECTS) credits.
- A term is a period of time that covers academic weeks in total, periods of additional examination/s and evaluation of a student achievement on additional examination/s.
- An academic week is a period of time in which the study load of a student, having average academic achievement, is distributed and includes all the activities to be done in both contact and independent periods.
- One credit (ECTS) is equivalent to 25 hours of academic activity of a student (load of a student) and covers both contact and independent hours.
- Contact hour – time for academic activities of a student with the involvement of the staff implementing a component of educational program.
- Independent time - time for academic activities of a student without the involvement of the staff implementing a component of educational program.
- Based on its educational goals, the university is entitled to carry out teaching and learning process with incomplete load within the master’s degree programs.
- The mode of incomplete teaching-learning load means an academic load of a student with no more than 25 independent and contact hours during a week in total.
- When considering the incomplete teaching-learning load, an academic year covers average 30 (ECTS) credits.
- Based on teaching features of the courses, they can be taught in the format of curation and the course of teaching process is reflected in the respective syllabus where periods of intermediate and final examinations are individually defined within the course.