Mission, Vision and Values
European University is the higher educational institution based on European values and focused on sustainable development whose mission is to:
- promote personal fulfillment and creativity of local and international students and academic staff by developing their critical thinking, innovative and academic skills;
- offer high quality and student-oriented higher education;
- Provide active participation and contribution in the formation of the knowledge society and knowledge based economy in Georgia;
- Support scientific/research and creative activities;
- prepare competitive workforce for local and international job markets;
- provide academic freedom for students and academic staff;
- care for development of society in terms of social responsibility, ensure lifetime education, promote tolerance, mutual respect and intercultural dialogue.
By 2025 European University is an open, academic space which develops modern, well-equipped, comfortable and adapted learning, research and working infrastructure, maintains financial sustainability, effectively attracts and retains highly qualified human resources contributing to their professional development and self-realization as well as encouraging academic and student mobility by active involvement in the process of internationalization. For which:
- Within the framework of social responsibility European University promotes lifelong learning of people interested, participates in the environment and community development activities, continuously cares for the welfare of the society of and outside the university;
- The University has got a wide range of educational programs of local and international accreditation and continuously develops them;
- The university teaches both Georgian and foreign citizens having the skills and enough motivation needed to get quality education;
- The University has and is successfully implementing effective selection of student contingent: attracting students mainly occurs through targeted projects and direct communication, university brand development and continuous work on reputation and long term cooperation with reliable partners on both local and international market;
- The University is distinguished with innovative / advanced knowledge and teaching methods and proper quality control system;
- Promotes research and scientific activities, involving young researchers in it and internationalization;
- Enjoys good reputation and reliable brand.
- Focus on Quality – Ensure high quality while learning and teaching, implementing scientific and the university management activities and providing services of the university
- Determination - European University is a higher education institution focused on permanent renewal that seeks to fit an international educational market.
- Orientation on Constant Development - The University will facilitate the professional and personal development of the university society. Optimal decisions are made from existing alternatives.
- Teamwork - The priority of the University is that all stakeholders are oriented towards achieving a common goal and equally share main goals, visions and values of the university as a higher education institution. It is important for the university that its staff, students, employers and other interested ones be engaged in all the processes taking place in an educational area in accordance with their competence, interest, rights and obligations.
- Transparency – the higher educational institution uses open and public approaches towards all the processes ongoing in the university which is reflected in relevant regulations, procedures and decisions.
- Fairness - Any decision made at European University relies on fair arguments and objective criteria of decision making taking rights and ideas of all the stakeholders into account.
- Equality and equal opportunities – The university is focused on promoting intercultural dialogue for which it develops such an educational space where each member of the university society feels as a plenipotentiary representative of the society despite his or her race, sex, origin, complexion, language, religion, political or other ideas, social class, wealth or rank, living place or other features.
- High academic culture - The University welcomes and promotes establishment of principle of academic ethics,mutual respect among collegues, support and collegial relationships in the university environment;
- Academic Freedom - academic staff, scientific personnel and students' right to independently carry out teaching, research and study;
- Social Responsibility - The University takes into account the needs of different social groups, thus contributes to the development of our country and social, economic and environmental problem solving through active participation of students and staff;
- Cooperation with external actors - The university is open for cooperation with all stakeholders and develops mutually beneficial links both in Georgia and abroad.