Head of the Program
- Ekaterine Natsvlishvili
- Email: email@example.com
The purpose of the Program
The purpose of the Bachelor Degree Program in Business Administration is:
- To provide the student with the knowledge of the main functional fields of business (Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing), master students at the analytical tools needed to solve problems in business; To develop the skills required for entrepreneurial activities and business leadership.
- To deepen theoretical knowledge and strengthen practical skills in any specific functional field of Business Administration (Finance / Marketing / Management); To develop the skills necessary for successful management at a managerial position, to prepare students for being employed in various areas of governance in local and / or international companies and performing relevant functions effectively.
- To strengthen general competencies: oral and written communication (in Georgian and English), project / report preparation-presentation, use of information technology, data retrieval-processing, analysis, synthesis, understanding of cause-and-effect relationships, problem identification, solution, critical thinking, reasoning, evaluating, justifying, conducting small-scale researches, working in a team, planning and organizing work, and managing time, taking responsibilities, skills of behavior in an organization, civic competencies, and values.
With the practical component of the educational program (business / role-playing games, business simulations, study projects; business practice; Bachelor Degree project; professional practice in an organization) to promote the use of knowledge, acquired by the student within the framework of a separate academic course in the practical situations and strengthening the practical skills necessary for the implementation of organizational-managerial, administrative-economic, information-analytical, entrepreneurial activities.
The structure of the program
The Bachelor Degree program in Business Administration includes 240 credits, including:
Compulsory component - 195 credits
University Compulsory Courses - 24 credits
Compulsory courses of specialty - 162 credits
Bachelor project - 9 credits
Optional component - 45 credits
Optional courses of specialty - 9 credits
Optional Courses / Free Credits - 36 credits
Qualification to be awarded - Bachelor of Business Administration
Duration of study - 8 semesters
Bachelor Degree Program - 240 credits
Language of instruction - Georgian / student has the opportunity to study several courses in English
The following methods of teaching and learning are used at the Bachelor Degree program in Business Administration:
- Verbal or oral method
- Method of working on the book
- Method of written work
- Explanatory method
- Discussion / debate
- Team work
- Business (role) games
- Practical method
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
- Case study
- Brain storming
- Demonstration method
- Action-oriented training
- Audio-visual method
- Communicative Language Teaching
Student Knowledge Assessment System provides:
Five positive evaluations:
(A) Excellent - 91-100 points;
(B) Very good - 81-90 points of maximum assessment;
(C) Good - 71-80 points of maximum assessment;
(D) Satisfactory - 61-70 points of maximum assessment;
(E) Sufficient - 51-60 points for maximum assessment.
Two types of negative assessment:
(FX) Did not pass - 41-50 points from maximum assessment, which means that a student needs to work harder to pass and is granted with the right to take one additional exam in terms of independent work;
(F) Fail- 40 points and less out of maximum assessment, which means the performance of a student is not sufficient and he/she has to learn the subject from the beginning.
In case of receiving a negative assessment (FX), the student has the right to take an additional exam in the same semester.
The student will be admitted to the additional examination even if he / she has exceeded the minimum threshold of the final positive assessment (51 points), but has not exceeded the minimum threshold of the final exam.
The student will be admitted to the final exam if he / she exceeds the minimum threshold of the intermediate assessment. The minimum competency threshold for intermediate assessment is 30%.
Credit can be granted if the student's results meet the following conditions:
A) Exceeded the minimum threshold of the final exam (the minimum threshold of the final exam is 50%);
B) Got at least 51 points out of a maximum 100 points in the final evaluation.
The maximum grade for the course is 100 points, which includes intermediate and final grades.
The relative share of the final exam is determined within the academic freedom of the staff performing each course, but not more than 40% of the total grade (in case of practice and bachelor thesis, a different distribution of points is possible).
Field of employment
Possible fields of employment for graduates of the Bachelor Degree Program in Business Administration program are state, public and / or private and various profile organizations (public organizations, manufacturing and business structures, foreign Georgian joint enterprises). Based on the branch and general competencies acquired within the program, the graduate is able to: occupy the position of a specialist and / or manager of various fields; Practically perform the main professional functions (organizational-managing, administrative-economic, information-analytical) in the field of management, marketing and / or finance both independently and while working in a group. The graduate will also be able to engage in entrepreneurial activities and lead micro and small businesses in various industries.
Addmition to the program
The tuition fee for the Bachelor Degree Program in Business Administration is 2800 GEL.