Head of the program
- Ekaterine Natsvlishvili
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the program
The purpose of the Master Degree Program in Management is:
1) To provide the student with a deep and systematic knowledge of the complex issues related to the management of the economic environment and organizational processes of business organizations in the field of management;
2) To master students at modern ways of researching, analysis and forecasting market processes, and strengthen critical understanding of complex problems, scientific research, and creative problem-solving skills;
3) To facilitate using of knowledge and skills acquired within certain programs in practical situations, including determination of risk- factors, making decisions, and performing management functions while acting in complex, non-standard / unpredictable environment (planning; organizing; coordinating; controlling) by practical component of the educational program (problem-based learning; research; study project; internship in a public / private sector organization; active cooperation with practitioners).
The structure of the program
The Master Degree program in Management contains 140 credits, including:
Compulsory training courses relevant to the content of the main field of study - 75 credits
Practice – 10 credits
Bachelor thesis – 20 credits
Optional training courses relevant to the content of the main field of study – 15 credits
Qualification to be awarded - Master of Business Administration in Management
Duration of study - 4 semesters
Bachelor Degree Program -120 credits
Language of instruction - Georgian
The following methods of teaching are used at the Master Degree program in Managements:
- Verbal or oral method
- Demonstration method
- Method of working on the book
- Method of written work
- Case study
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
- Business (simulation; role) games
- Brain storming
- Discussion / debate
- Team work
- Action-oriented training
- Practical method
- Audio-visual method
- Communicative Language Teaching
Student Knowledge Assessment System provides:
Five positive evaluations:
(A) Excellent - 91-100 points;
(B) Very good - 81-90 points of maximum assessment;
(C) Good - 71-80 points of maximum assessment;
(D) Satisfactory - 61-70 points of maximum assessment;
(E) Sufficient - 51-60 points for maximum assessment.
Two types of negative assessment:
(FX) Did not pass - 41-50 points from maximum assessment, which means that a student needs to work harder to pass and is granted with the right to take one additional exam in terms of independent work;
(F) Fail- 40 points and less out of maximum assessment, which means the performance of a student is not sufficient and he/she has to learn the subject from the beginning.
In case of receiving a negative assessment (FX), the student has the right to take an additional exam in the same semester.
The student will be admitted to the additional examination even if he / she has exceeded the minimum threshold of the final positive assessment (51 points), but has not exceeded the minimum threshold of the final exam.
The student will be admitted to the final exam if he / she exceeds the minimum threshold of the intermediate assessment. The minimum competency threshold for intermediate assessment is 30%.
Credit can be granted if the student's results meet the following conditions:
A) Exceeded the minimum threshold of the final exam (the minimum threshold of the final exam is 50%);
B) Got at least 51 points out of a maximum 100 points in the final evaluation.
The maximum grade for the course is 100 points, which includes intermediate and final grades.
The relative share of the final exam is determined within the academic freedom of the staff performing each course, but not more than 40% of the total grade (in case of practice and bachelor thesis, a different distribution of points is possible).
Field of employment
Graduates of the Master Degree program in Management can be employed in state structures (National Bank of Georgia, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, etc.), as well as in organizations of any organizational-legal form. In the production and consulting firms, to occupy the positions of manager and senior manager and to carry out managerial and financial, administrative-economic and analytical, Scientific research and educational activities.
Prerequisite for admission to the program:
A person with a Bachelor Degree or an equivalent academic degree who is enrolled on the basis of the results of Common Master’s examination / international exams, or on the basis of internal / external mobility, or without passing Common Master's Examination, has the right to be enrolled in the Master Degree program In accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia.
Additional terms and conditions for admission to the Master Degree program at the European University are: Internal University Examination in Speciality and English - B2 level (see “Rules of European University for determination English Language Proficiency”).
Issues of internal university exams and criteria for assessing the knowledge will be posted on the website of the University (www.eu.edu.ge) at least one month before the exams.
Confirmation of B2 level is also possible with a document proving knowledge at the appropriate level of English.
It is allowed to study without passing the Common Master's Examination:
1) For candidates of master's degree who have received a document certifying the academic degree of relevant higher education in a foreign country;
2) For persons (other than students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange educational program) who have lived in a foreign country for the last 1 year or more, study / used to study and have obtained credits / qualifications in a foreign country at a higher education institution recognized by the legislation of that country.
3) For candidates of Master Degree who have been enrolled in a higher education institution in accordance with Paragraph 3 of Article 52 of the Law of Georgia on Higher Education.
4) Studying in a higher education institution without passing the Common Master examinations, in accordance with the rules and within the timeframe established by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, is allowed for foreign citizens who have gained the right to continue their studies in a higher education institution before this law enters into force and have the document proving higher education recognized by the state.
5) Studying in a higher education institution without passing the Common Master Examination is allowed for a person who has exceeded the relevant threshold in the exam envisaged by the list of international exams approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
At the program will also be admitted:
Students enrolled through mobility in accordance with "the Procedure for moving from a Higher Education Institution to another Higher Education Institution and Approval of Fees” approved with the Order №10 / N (4.02.2010) of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia;
* The right to mobility and internal mobility is granted to the student only for the educational program that corresponds to the type of Common Master Examination passed by him/her.
The tuition fee for the Master Degree Program in Management is 2500 GEL.